Iran Defence Minister Amir Nasirzadeh Reportedly Killed in Joint US-Israel Strikes

Brief by Shorts91 Newsdesk / 04:46pm on 28 Feb 2026,Saturday International

Iran’s Defence Minister Amir Nasirzadeh was killed in joint US and Israeli strikes on Saturday, Reuters reported, citing sources familiar with the matter. Revolutionary Guards commander Mohammed Pakpour was also reported dead.   Nasirzadeh earlier served as deputy chief of staff of the Iranian armed forces. He began his career as a fighter pilot before becoming defence minister.   The United States and Israel said the strikes targeted Iran’s top leadership. US President Donald Trump said the action was meant to end a security threat and stop Iran from developing a nuclear weapon.   Iran responded by launching missiles at Israel and several Gulf countries hosting US bases. (PC: HT)

Read More at Hindustan Times

Burj Khalifa Evacuated After Explosions in Dubai as Iran Launches Missile Strikes Across UAE and Gulf

Brief by Shorts91 Newsdesk / 04:23pm on 28 Feb 2026,Saturday International

Dubai’s Burj Khalifa was evacuated after explosions were heard across the city during Iranian missile strikes in the Gulf, media reports said. The strikes followed joint US and Israeli attacks on Tehran earlier in the day.   Iran targeted locations in Abu Dhabi and Dubai in the UAE, as well as Doha and Riyadh. Residents in Dubai said they heard loud blasts and saw missiles moving across the sky. “It was a big explosion, and it made the windows shake,” one witness said.   The UAE said a civilian of Asian nationality was killed in Abu Dhabi after missile debris fell in a residential area. Qatar said it intercepted incoming missiles and reported no casualties. (PC: NDTV)

Read More at NDTV

“Exercise Restraint, Protect Civilians”: India Calls for Calm After US-Israel Strikes on Iran

Brief by Shorts91 Newsdesk / 04:14pm on 28 Feb 2026,Saturday India Global

India on Saturday urged all sides to step back after US-Israel strikes on Iran increased tensions in West Asia. The Ministry of External Affairs said, “India is deeply concerned at the recent developments in Iran and the Gulf region.” It added, “We urge all sides to exercise restraint, avoid escalation, and prioritise the safety of civilians.”   India said dialogue and diplomacy are the only way to reduce tensions. It also stressed that sovereignty and territorial integrity of all states must be respected under international law and the UN Charter.   Indian missions in Gulf countries issued advisories asking citizens to remain alert and follow local safety guidance. (PC: India Today)

Read More at India Today

UK PM Keir Starmer Says Fighter Jets Are in the Sky Over Middle East to Protect Bases and Allies

Brief by Shorts91 Newsdesk / 04:08pm on 28 Feb 2026,Saturday International

British fighter jets are operating in the Middle East as part of a defensive move, Prime Minister Sir Keir Starmer said on Saturday. In a televised message, he said the aircraft are “in the sky” to protect UK personnel, bases and allies. He said security for British forces has been raised to the highest level.   The UK did not take part in the US-Israel strikes on Iran. Starmer said he wants “peace and security” in the region and protection of civilian life. He urged Iran to stop further strikes and return to talks. The government said its main focus is the safety of UK nationals. (PC: BBC)

Read More at BBC

India Says It Is “Deeply Concerned” Over US-Israel Strikes on Iran, Calls for Restraint

Brief by Shorts91 Newsdesk / 04:01pm on 28 Feb 2026,Saturday India Global

India on Saturday reacted to the US-Israel strikes on Iran and urged all sides to remain calm. The Ministry of External Affairs said, “India is deeply concerned at the recent developments in Iran and the Gulf region.” It added, “We urge all sides to exercise restraint, avoid escalation, and prioritise the safety of civilians.”   The statement said dialogue and diplomacy should be used to reduce tensions. It also stressed that sovereignty and territorial integrity must be respected.   The MEA said Indian missions are in touch with nationals in the region. Advisories have been issued asking them to remain vigilant and follow local security guidance. (PC: HT)

Read More at Hindustan Times

85 Dead After US-Israel Strike Hits Girls School in Iran's Minab

Brief by Shorts91 Newsdesk / 03:56pm on 28 Feb 2026,Saturday International

A missile strike hit a girls’ school in Minab, in southern Iran’s Hormozgan province, amid heavy US-Israel military operations on Saturday. Iranian officials said 85 people, many of them children, were killed. Authorities said the deaths were at a girls’ elementary school when the attack hit during class. The judiciary’s online news site quoted the local prosecutor saying the toll had risen to 85. The Iranian government did not provide an independent list of victims. There has been no confirmation from the United States or Israel on the specific strike. Iran has condemned the attack and vowed responses. (PC: NDTV)

Read More at NDTV

“Siren Went Off, Then 6–7 Blasts”: Indian in Bahrain on Iran Strike Near US Base

Brief by Shorts91 Newsdesk / 01:49pm on 28 Feb 2026,Saturday India Global

An Indian national in Bahrain said he heard a siren followed by six to seven blasts after Iran targeted a US naval base in the country.   Asif, an IT worker from Haryana, said they received a government alert around 11.30 am asking people to take shelter. “Within 10–15 minutes, we heard a loud explosion,” he said. Soon after, lifts stopped and residents were told to use stairs and evacuate.   “I heard six or seven blasts. Most were intercepted,” he added.   Shops closed early and flights were suspended. He urged the Indian government to evacuate those who want to return. (PC: India Today)

Read More at India Today

Iran Says It Hit US Navy Base in Bahrain After Joint US-Israel Strikes, Missiles Fired Across Gulf

Brief by Shorts91 Newsdesk / 01:44pm on 28 Feb 2026,Saturday International

Iran said it struck a US naval base in Bahrain after joint US and Israeli attacks on its territory.   Smoke was seen near the US Navy’s Fifth Fleet headquarters in Manama. Bahrain confirmed a strike on Naval Support Activity Bahrain. The US has not commented on the damage.   Iran’s Revolutionary Guard Corps said it targeted US bases under operation “Truthful Promise 4”. It called the action a response to what it described as a “massive” attack.   The UAE, Qatar, Jordan and Kuwait said they intercepted missiles in their airspace. UAE officials said debris killed one civilian in Abu Dhabi. (PC: BBC)

Read More at BBC

Dubai’s Main Airports Halt Flights After Iran Missile Strikes Across Gulf

Brief by Shorts91 Newsdesk / 01:38pm on 28 Feb 2026,Saturday International

Dubai International Airport and Al Maktoum International Airport have stopped all flight operations after Iranian missile strikes hit parts of the Gulf region on Saturday.   Dubai Airports said services at DXB and DWC are suspended “until further notice” for safety reasons. “Passengers are advised not to travel to the airport at this time and to contact their respective airlines,” the statement said.   The move follows joint US and Israeli strikes on Iran, which were followed by Iranian missile attacks on Gulf states. Explosions were reported in Abu Dhabi, Doha, Riyadh and Manama. UAE officials said air defence systems intercepted several missiles.   The airport closure has disrupted global travel routes. (PC: NDTV)

Read More at NDTV

US-Israel Launch Major Strikes on Iran; 40 Students Killed, Missiles Hit Gulf States and Israel

Brief by Shorts91 Newsdesk / 12:39pm on 28 Feb 2026,Saturday International

The United States and Israel launched major air strikes on Iran on Saturday. Israel called the operation “Roar of the Lion”, while the US confirmed its role. Iranian media said at least 40 students were killed after a strike hit a girls’ school in Minab. Many others were injured. Iran fired missiles at Israel and Gulf states in response. Sirens sounded in Bahrain and Israel. Several countries shut their airspace. US President Donald Trump said the attacks targeted Iran’s security network. Iran said its senior leaders are safe and promised strong retaliation. The situation remains tense across the Middle East.

Read More at Hindustan Times

Menu