Brief by Shorts91 Newsdesk / 06:11pm on 07 Feb 2026,Saturday India
A restaurant building collapsed in the Jawahar Nagar area of Kota, Rajasthan, leaving many people feared trapped under the debris, officials said. Early reports suggest around 20 people, including students, may have been inside at the time. At least eight people have been rescued so far, with some in serious condition and taken to a medical college hospital. Police, fire brigade, ambulance staff, and disaster response teams reached the site quickly. The area was sealed to keep crowds away and speed up rescue work. Teams are removing debris with heavy machines but are moving carefully. The cause of the collapse is not yet known. An investigation will follow. (PC: India Today)
Brief by Shorts91 Newsdesk / 06:05pm on 07 Feb 2026,Saturday Sports
India beat USA by 29 runs in their opening match of the T20 World Cup 2026 at Wankhede Stadium, Mumbai. India had a poor start after choosing to bat and slipped to 46 for 4 in the powerplay. Abhishek Sharma was out for a golden duck. Shadley van Schalkwyk took three quick wickets and finished with 4 for 25. Suryakumar Yadav held the innings together with an unbeaten 84 off 49 balls. India posted 161 for 9 on a slow pitch. USA fought hard in the chase but reached only 132 for 8. Mohammed Siraj took 3 for 29 to seal the result.
Brief by Shorts91 Newsdesk / 04:05pm on 07 Feb 2026,Saturday Weather & Environment
Dozens of flood warnings have been issued across the UK as heavy rain continues and more downpours are expected. The Environment Agency has issued 77 flood warnings in England, mainly in the South West and Midlands, meaning flooding is expected. More than 250 flood alerts are also in place, where flooding is possible. Natural Resources Wales has issued several alerts, while parts of Scotland are also affected. Rivers are rising and some roads and fields are already flooded. Weather officials said rain has fallen every day this year in some regions. More wet and windy weather is forecast in the coming days. (PC: PA)
Brief by Shorts91 Newsdesk / 04:02pm on 07 Feb 2026,Saturday India Global
New documents released by the United States Department of Justice show exchanges between Jeffrey Epstein and Indian businessman Anil Ambani, according to a Bloomberg News report. The messages, sent between 2017 and 2019, include discussions on meetings, world events and women. In one exchange, Epstein suggested arranging a “Swedish blonde”, to which Ambani replied, “Arrange that”. The documents show the two planned meetings in Paris and New York. A representative for Ambani declined to comment. The messages surfaced years after Epstein was charged with sex trafficking.
Brief by Shorts91 Newsdesk / 03:49pm on 07 Feb 2026,Saturday International
US President Donald Trump has refused to apologise after a racist video shared on his social media platform showed Barack Obama and Michelle Obama depicted as apes. The post was later deleted, with the White House blaming a staff member for sharing it by mistake. Trump said he did not see the full video and claimed he “didn’t make a mistake”. The clip sparked outrage across US politics. Democratic leaders, including Kamala Harris, criticised the post and urged Trump to apologise. Trump has a long history of attacking Obama, including promoting false claims about his birthplace.
Brief by Shorts91 Newsdesk / 03:25pm on 07 Feb 2026,Saturday International
Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky said the United States wants the war between Russia and Ukraine to end by June. He said both countries have been invited to the US for peace talks next week, possibly in Miami. There was no immediate response from Washington or Moscow. US President Donald Trump has been pushing for an end to the war since returning to office. Zelensky said recent US-backed talks in Abu Dhabi made little progress, with key issues still unresolved. Meanwhile, Russia has continued heavy drone and missile attacks on Ukraine’s energy infrastructure, causing power cuts during winter. (PC: State Emergency Service of Ukraine)
Brief by Shorts91 Newsdesk / 03:20pm on 07 Feb 2026,Saturday India Global
A British tourist’s video praising the Delhi Metro Rail Corporation has gone viral on social media. Rory Porter shared his first ride on the Blue Line on Instagram. He was surprised by the low fare of ₹43 for a half-hour journey. He called it one of the cheapest metro rides in the world. Porter also praised the clean stations, airport-style security checks and modern coaches. Inside the train, he noted enough seating and less crowding. He said the metro was efficient, air-conditioned and well maintained. Comparing it to the London Underground, he said the Delhi Metro was better.
Brief by Shorts91 Newsdesk / 01:51pm on 07 Feb 2026,Saturday Sports
India began their Group A match of the T20 World Cup against USA with an early setback after being sent in to bat first at Wankhede Stadium. USA captain Monank Patel won the toss and chose to bowl. Ishan Kishan opened with a six to get off the mark. But Abhishek Sharma fell for a golden duck to Ali Khan. Tilak Varma then joined Kishan to rebuild the innings. Sanju Samson was not included in the playing XI. Mohammed Siraj replaced the unwell Jasprit Bumrah. Washington Sundar and Kuldeep Yadav were also left out for this game. (PC: NDTV)
Brief by Shorts91 Newsdesk / 01:38pm on 07 Feb 2026,Saturday International
The US has alleged that China carried out a secret nuclear explosive test in June 2020, days after the deadly Galwan Valley clash with India. US Under Secretary Thomas DiNanno told a UN forum that China conducted a yield-producing test on June 22, 2020, and used a method called “decoupling” to reduce seismic signals. He said the US was aware of Chinese tests “in the hundreds of tons” range. China rejected the claim and accused Washington of spreading a “China nuclear threat” narrative. The Comprehensive Nuclear-Test-Ban Treaty Organization said its monitoring system did not detect any nuclear test activity in China during that period. (PC: India Today)
Brief by Shorts91 Newsdesk / 12:44pm on 07 Feb 2026,Saturday International
Fresh documents released by the United States Department of Justice have brought renewed focus on disturbing claims linked to Jeffrey Epstein and his reported obsession with reproduction. The files include unverified references suggesting Epstein wanted to create children using his own DNA as part of a long-term plan. A former teenage victim has alleged that she gave birth in the early 2000s and that her baby was taken away shortly after birth, a claim that has not been independently confirmed. Earlier reports by The New York Times said Epstein spoke openly about using his New Mexico ranch to impregnate women. Investigators say there is no proof that such a plan was ever carried out.